Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 98

Miles 56 Total for trip 3816.65 I stopped at a little gazebo on the way out of town to read a newspaper and eat breakfast. While I was there a family that was just visiting relatives in Boise stopped by and ate breakfast. they were on their way back home to Nebraska. Later in the day I passed by a biker and he started his trip in Boise, and went through Riggins and is now on his way to the coast. It is amazing how many people I have passed that just came from Boise.

As I was leaving Rawlins I saw a restaurant called China House. I wondered if that was the Chinese place Dan said he had the worst Chinese food ever? The restaurant claimed to have the best food in town. I am not sure who to believe. I got about 15 miles out of town and turned onto Mineral X Rd. I would call it the loneliest paved road in America. I was on it for 26 miles and only 3 cars passed me. I turned off the loneliest paved road in America towards my destination for the night, A&M Reservoir. There were many Pronghorns(see photo) along the route today. They were fast so this was the best picture I could get. I got to A&M around 6 pm and had a relaxing dinner and filtered enough water for the long haul tomorrow.


No comments: