Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 104

Miles 77.5 Total for trip 4057.75
Avg spd 12.02
Max spd 31.82
Climb 2029
Alt chng --869
I left the tent trailer at around 8.30 thinking I had eaten too good for a couple days. I stopped and got a pop to try and calm my stomach for the 78 mile ride today. It seemed to work and felt good after a little diet coke. This area of Wyoming is just a little different from the first 4 days of riding. The first 4 days were sagebrush, cows, and sagebrush. This area is right near the Teton Mountains, and big rivers that are popular rafting destinations.

Today the first 30 miles was a slow climb, but without all my gear I was able to keep up a good average. It was downhill for the next 30 miles in a nice canyon, which followed the Hoback River. This area of WY is busy. Yellowstone Park has had the most visitors ever this year, and it is flowing over into surrounding areas. I was glad there was a good shoulder on the HWY today, because of all the traffic. I got into Jackson today after 78 miles, I was tired, but would have been much more tired had I carried all my gear. I had a great meal waiting for me at camp. Home grown green beans, potatoes, and ham. It is going to take a few days to get back to toughing it after my parents go back to Boise.


No comments: