Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 108

Miles 41.69 Total for trip 4204.72
Avg spd 6.74
Max spd 31.08
Climb 1691
Alt chng ++1167
I got out of Ashton at around 10.30 and figured I would have an easy day today since I would be riding on a path for around 30 miles today. I got to the Warm River and there was a neat place in the river were the fish were protected and you could feed them. There were some real big trout, but I could not get any good pictures of them. I went through the Warm River Campground and thought it would be a nice spot to come back to.

The trail I took from the Warm River was an old railroad line. The first 6 miles of the trail was great. It was a hard dirt trail that ran along the Warm River. After around 6 miles the trail turned into a sandy soft lava that was tough to ride, and the cows in the area thought they owned the trail. I had to get my whistle out to get them to clear enough space for me to ride through.



This is a old tunnel on the rail trail. It was closed, but there was a nice trail around the tunnel.


I camped at the Big Springs Campground. It was located at the start of a big spring that starts at the bottom of a large mountain. The water is crystal clear and stays at 52 degrees throughout the year. I did some hiking around the spring and checked out a cabin in the area. I had my usual for dinner and went to bed around 10.30 pm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Arron,
Sounds like you enjoyed your time with your folks. I love the picture of the 3 of you!!! Lani is having a great time in Newport with her Uncle Dan and Aunt Shelly doing all kinds of fun stuff. Looks like she may take up surfing.
Happy Riding to you. You are awesome!!!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,
Love all the pictures. Have you considered becomeing a photographer? Have fun riding.
-Amy

Christina said...

Hi, Aaron :-)
this is Christina Cromwell- you had met my husband, Rich, somewhere along the trail. He had a few messages for you in between, but emails always get returned. What's your correct email address, so I can resend them to you?
thanks much! Happy trails
PS: Rich is near Cuba, NM, now