Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 84

Miles 51.04 Total for trip 3249.99
Avg 7.7
Max spd 33.56
Climb 4019
Alt chng --1987 The above picture is of my gear after about 25 miles of rain and mud. I was happy I was in Colorado where the road is hard dirt/mud instead of New Mexico where it is clay and I would have had to pull over and wait it out.

I had to climb down a couple hundred feet to get the picture above, but it was worth it.




Today I was to climb to my highest peak of the trip. It is called Indiana Pass. I passed the above private lake at around 10,000 feet. It was great. There were signs saying do not get out of your vehicle, but since I was on a bike I thought it was safe to take a couple pictures.



The above picture is of Platoro. It is a nice little fishing and mountain village. There is a nice reservoir a couple miles past the city. It would be a nice place to spend a couple weeks.
I decided I needed a dry place to sleep tonight so I stayed in the local Del Norte Inn and uploaded everything. I see a day off in my future.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,

Congrads on making the 3000 mark. What a ride you have had. I'm glad you decided to get off your bike and walk abit to take a picture of the waterfall. Very refreshing. I'm also glad you are off the clay.

We are back from our trip to Moses Lake for Ron's brothers' 50th B-Day Party and the Kellogg area where we hooked up with your parent for biking the leisurely way. We had a great time hanging out and biking with Aunt Beth and Uncle Dave. It was sooo much fun!! We even stayed with them in the tent trailer...what nice beds and what a cook your dad is. The girls and I started a hot game of Phase 10 with your mom that is to be continued the next time we are in Boise.

Love ya!
Debbie