Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 82

Miles 34.82 Total for trip 3176.45
Avg 6.65
Max spd 37.61
Climb 2466
Alt chng --951


As I was packing up my gear to get going the neighbors dog came and visited me. He had his leash on but there was no one around, it was about 7.30am. I thought they had taken the dog down to the lake and he beat them back to camp. I looked for the owners of the dog and could not find them. He was a great dog so I walked him over to their camp and chained him up. As I was leaving the campground they said he had unzipped the tent and got out last night, and thanked me for chaining him up.



Today I was going to hit almost 11,000 feet and according to my info the road could be less then ideal. My first destination was called Brazos Ridge were you could see for miles into Colorado. It was really cool at the top with a little wind. I went off road for about 50 feet to find snow. After the ridge the road did turn real bad. There was a .5 mile section where I had to walk my bike downhill because the rocks were so bad. I made it to the next plateau and was riding in some mud. Most of the time some motorcycles had made another trail around all the mud, which was nice. I saw 4 more racers today. They said that only 19 remained of the 42 that started the race. I don't think I will see anymore racers.






I made it to Colorado today. Yippee. Colorado welcomed me with about a 4 hour rainstorm during the night.

I found a campsite that was empty on the 4th of July. It is called the Spectacular Lake Campground. It had a picnic table and spring water so I decided it was worth the fee for the night.


No comments: