Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 93

Miles 31.10 Total for trip 3574.79
Avg spd 5.50
Max spd36.74
Climb 4198
Alt chng++1282

After a good nights sleep I decided to go with my original planned route, which would take me near the Colorado River and have a lot of climbing for the day. I am glad it was Wednesday because the rafting traffic was bad. If it was the weekend it would have been terrible. I made it up the first climb with no troubles, it was the descent that I had some trouble with. I was shifting down, I was going to stop and take some pictures, when my chain went off track and got stuck in a bad way on my rear wheel. It turns out that 3 spokes were broke, many were bent, and my derailer will not go into granny gear any more.(I did get some good pictures) I worked on it for 1 1/2 hours or so to get it good enough to get to Steamboat Springs. The rear wheel was real wobbly, but it seemed ok to ride under 20 mph or so. I didn't have to worry about going too fast today since the majority of the day was going to be uphill. I was around 8 miles before my planned campsite, but I was tired and I found a nice hunter's campsite so I decided to stop for the day.



No comments: