Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 105

Miles 43 Total for trip 4100.75
Avg spd 11.01
Max spd 28.64
Climb 1222
Alt chng ++639 The parents and I after a good meal on the morning of their departure.



Today all day I will be riding along the Teton Mountains and Jackson Lake. I got out of Jackson and got onto a nice paved bike path along Hwy 390. I went by Teton Village today and saw 5 gliders coming from the top of one of the peaks. It was a great ride today until I got to Moose-Wilson Rd, where my chain broke and I could not get it fixed. I had a new chain, but was to busy eating and playing cards for the last 2 nights to put it on. I got a ride for a couple miles to Moose where I had planned on meeting my parents for a great lunch. I put on the new chain and had some great fish for lunch. We met at Jenny Lake after lunch to possibly take a boat across the lake to see a nice waterfall, but there was so many people we decided against that. We were going to camp at Colter Bay Village for the night.
It ended up raining for the most of the second half of the day, but it was still a great ride with
some awesome scenery. Tonight was my night to cook. I fried up some onions, spam, garlic, corn, and fresh tomatoes. Mixed it with wheat pasta, it was great. I think SPAM might become a staple at the Suhr house.

No comments: