Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 81

Miles 34.82 Total for trip 3176.45
Avg spd 6.27
Max spd 36.74
Climb 3505
Alt chng ++760 The above picture is a mud bog. There were many of these on the day, but other travelers had made nice trails around the mud.



Yep that's me in all my gear. It is cold at Hopewell lake. Windy and rainy. I waited to see if it would stop raining, but it looked like it would rain for awhile. I had pavement for the first 6 miles so I decided to tough it out and hit the road. It didn't rain very hard, just sprinkled for the first hour or so. The warm gear only lasted until the first hill. I got too hot and it came off. I thought it would be an easy day today since it was only around 35 miles and I started with a good 6 mile downhill. It ended up being a great day weather wise and was tougher then I thought. I was looking forward to getting a good campsite at the Upper Lagunitas Campground. The last mile of the day was straight up into the campground. I found there were only 3 official campsites and all were taken, so I found a spot that my tent could fit in and I set up camp. I was a little worried about my water supply until I went for a little hike and found a couple little lakes. I fixed my water filter at Hopewell Lake so I found a nice log to sit on and filtered enough water to get me through tomorrow. It was the first time on my trip I would have liked to have the fishing pole. It was a great log to sit on and fish.