Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 90

Miles 29.55 Total for trip 3474.50
Avg spd 6.41
Max spd 29.22
Climb 2270
Alt chng ++1230 I felt good waking up today and was looking forward to a good day. The above picture is above the historic town of Como CO. The area from Hartsel to Como looks like someone had a big idea of a lot of 5 acre plots. There are many roads that are cut into the rolling meadows along the 30 miles of Elkhorn Rd that I travelled. There are some nice homes, but many of the buyers just put a camper on the plot and many stand bare still for sale. The only price I saw was 5 acres for $9950. There was even a day use area built with picnic tables, BBQs, softball field, and a nice playground. It seems like a nice area, but I am sure it snows a lot during the winter and If my 1 1/2 days are the norm it also rains quit a bit in the area.

I went off course 1 mile to get to my campsite for the night, Selkirk Campground. It was great getting into the campground, downhill for a mile. I am not looking forward to riding out in the morning.

I am glad I got into camp early because it started raining hard about halfway through cooking dinner. I finished dinner and got into my tent to eat and read. I was in bear country and the sign said, do not eat in your tent, sleep in you cloths you cooked in, or keep dishes near your tent. I did all three, oops. It was really raining so I had an excuse. The bears did not sniff me out during the night.

No comments: