Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 86

Miles 40.4 Total for trip 3289.39
Avg 7.16
Max spd 30.95
Climb 2692
Alt chng ++1351
I left Del Norte knowing I was only going around 32 miles so I stopped and read the paper at a gas station. I made good time the first half of the day so I went off track to La Garita to get a bite to eat and a soda. While I was there I ran into the last(really the last) Divide Ride Racer. He was around 55-60 years old. He asked me about the Indiana Pass. I told him it was ok when it wasn't raining. He was thinking about take tomorrow off in Del Norte. I also ran into a group of 15 motorcyclists who were using the same book I am to cycle the divide. I got out of La Garita after about an hour. I had a 1500 ft climb to get to Storm King Campground, my site for the night. When I got to the campsite I rested for a few and found the mosquitoes to be very bad, and when I saw the cost of $5 for the campsite I decided to push on over the pass. It was only another 500ft to the top off the pass and after a couple miles downhill I found a nice hunter's campsite. For dinner I tried anchovies with my pasta. It will probably be the last time for that combo.



No comments: