Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 87

Miles 69.5 Total for trip 3358.89
Avg spd 9.37
Max spd 33.56
Climb 3055
Alt chng --774
Today was decision time. I could either have an easy day of around 25 miles or a tough day of around 70 miles. I decided since I did the pass yesterday that I would do the 70 miles since there was only 1 pass in the 70 miles. I got done with the 25 miles in good time so I stopped at Luders Creek Campground for a break. Sure enough a lot of mosquitoes. I ran out of bug repellent a few days ago and keep forgetting to get some when I get into a small town. I cut my break short and hit the road. There were a couple of nice reservoirs, Upper & Lower Dome, along the way today. Not a whole lot happening today. I met another biker going South. He was doing a lot of miles per day. He started around June 8th and was flying back on July 18th and was hoping to finish the whole ride.



I camped at Sargents and talked with another biker who is doing a route through some major parks. He is taking a couple weeks off in Michigan to get his wisdom teeth pulled and then is off to Massachusetts. He didn't bring a sleeping bag, because he was only going to be at high altitudes for a few days. The day before at the campsite it got down to 29 degrees. Lucky for him I don't think it got down below 40 the night we were there.

No comments: