Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 96

Miles 68.6 Total for trip 3735.65 The top photo is called Aspen Alley, there is a nice campsite after the trees, but it was too early in the day to stop so I kept on going.


I got out of camp today with around 3 liters of water thinking it would be plenty since I was going to be along a river for around 20 miles to start the day. I was along some great river scenery and saw a mansion in the middle of nowhere(see photo). Unfortunately all the river access was heavily fenced so I decided once I got to Hwy 710 into Wyoming I could find some water to access, the 710 did not have any, hopefully the 70 would have a creek running along side it. There was not any water the first 10 miles into WY, which were all up. I was trying to go lite on the water just in case I could not find any for awhile. I had my last drink around the top of the long hill. I was hoping the work center would have some. I got to the work center road and turned to find a great little creek. I took around a 30 minute break and filtered enough water to fill all of my water bottles and bags. My next turn was Aspen Alley, it was a great ride for the next 15 or so miles. The last 8 miles to camp was tough. Rolling hills that went up and down around 300 ft. I got to my designated campsite to find it was too marshy so I had to keep riding until I found a suitable spot along the side of the road.

No comments: