Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 83

Miles 20.5 miles Total for trip 3196.95
Avg spd 6.43
Max spd 19.09
Climb 1538
Alt chng ++1026
I started a little late today to give my gear a chance to dry out in the early morning sun. I had a 1000 foot climb to start out the day. I was riding in a canyon that had an honest to goodness river running through it. There was great scenery all day today. It was probably the prettiest 20 miles of the trip. I stopped a few times to take pictures and could have stopped even more. There was a lot of traffic today, all the 4th campers getting back into town. I wanted to get about 20 miles out of Platoro today, because I get to my highest elevation of the trip tomorrow at 11,910. I pulled into Platoro at around 12.30 and saw an RV sign that said showers, laundry, wifi, and more. I decided to see how much it was and it only came out to $14, boy did I need a shower and laundry. I decided to stop for the day, with the big downhill I could still get to Del Norte tomorrow.

No comments: