Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 107

Miles 47.28 Total for trip 4163.03
Avg spd 9.60
Max spd 27.64
Climb 1609
Alt chng --957
I got out of Flagg Ranch to a really nice day. I again was not sure how far I would be going today. I went on the John D Rockefeller JR. Memorial Parkway today. It was a nice dirt road that had 8 campgrounds along the way. I stopped at the 8th campground, which was tho only one with an empty spot. I ate a little snack, and took a small hike along a nice creek. There were some nice photo opportunities today, unfortunately I missed some, because my camera battery went dead after the Grassy Lake Reservoir.

I don't know if the last 4 days have softened me up or the final 20 miles of dirt road were exceptionally rough. I blame it on the road. The road was washboard and had gravel with no nice spot on the road so I could not escape the washboard. by the time the road changed to pavement my body was sore so I decided to go the extra 6 miles into Ashton so I could get a cheap room or find an RV Park to get a nice rest and get my camera charged. Ashton seems like a nice town. It must get a lot of snow since some of the dirt roads say, "No motorized vehicles other then snowmobiles." I had a good mushroom burger for dinner, watched a little TV, and got to bed around 11 pm.



No comments: