Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 95

Miles 40.4 Total for trip 3667.05 (My odometer has bit the dust, until I can fix it or get a new one the miles are just an estimate off of my map)


I found the road out of Steamboat Springs, yes it was the road that was right across from Ace. It was a nice paved road for around 20 miles. I almost continued on the paved Hwy 129, but decided the dirt road that I had planed would have better scenery and less traffic. I did decide to take a paved alternate so I stayed on 62 and continued to the great city of Columbine. It was more of a row of cabins then a city. It seemed like a great getaway. It was only a short 6 miles to Steamboat Lake State Park and just a mile from some great dirt roads to see nice scenery. I ended the day early at the top of a good climb. There was a nice camp spot with some shade. I decided it would be nice to start tomorrow with a nice downhill.


No comments: