Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 106

Miles 15 Total for trip 4115.75
Avg spd 10.58
Max spd 31.82
Climb 493
Alt Chng ++121 Today I was not sure how far I was going. My so-called schedule has me in Flagg Ranch on August 2nd. Flagg Ranch is only around 15 miles from Colter Bay. I decided to play it by ear today. I went around 8 miles and hit some road construction. I was keeping up with the cars, but when I got to the flagger I was told I would have to ride in the pace truck. It was not big deal, I was talking with the flagger for around 30 mins, and the pace truck pulled up. I took off my trailer and loaded everything into the truck. I road in the truck for around 1 1/2 miles, suddenly he pulled over, and my ride was over. I thought it was strange considering I was still in the middle of the construction, but what do I know. I road for around 3 miles or so, up ahead I saw another flagger. I pulled up to him and he said I would have to wait for the pace truck. I told him I just got out of a pace truck. A different pace truck pulled up, and I loaded my gear into it and road another mile in the pace truck. I finally made it out of the construction, and to my left was Flagg Ranch, which seemed like a good place to stop for the day. It kinda seemed like a day off. I made my dinner with the last of the home grown onions, garlic, jalapenos, and tomatoes. It was great. I took a little hike, did some reading, and went to bed.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

(Laughing) Oh Aaron, I loved your pace truck stories. How funny!!!
Love ya!!!
Debbie