Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 45

Miles 34.74 Total for trip 1654.37
Avg spd 11.55
Max spd 28.06
Climb 1162
Alt chng --52Palm trees above are in a nice park on the way out of Santa Barbara.

It was a nice ride today. Most of the time I was on city streets with a nice bike path. The freeway along this stretch is very busy so I was happy to get off it.

A short day today and the next 2 days so I can get ready for a long ride.



I made it to Carpinteria State Park around 12.30 pm to check into the hiker/biker location and was informed that I could not register until 4.00 pm. I thought that was strange and asked if that was state wide or just a local thing. She said it was supposed to be state wide but is not enforced. I tried to talk her into letting me in, but was informed that the ranger's office is right next to the hiker/biker spot so there was no way to get in before 4 unless I wanted to pay $25 for a regular spot. I took the extra time to find the local library and upload for the last few days worth of rides. This is the nicest library I have run across. Fast wifi and enough outlets to charge all my gadgets.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Aaron,
It looks like from your pictures that the days have been somewhat overcast. It will be nice to see my brother, Dan next week. I called and left him a message today and ask if he's has run out to buy some SPAM to try out a new recipe. You know how he loves to cook.
Love Ya!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,
Guess what. School's out!!!!!!!!! Now summer has officially began. I'm so glad it's finally here!!
-Amy
P.S. I was the one that figured out your evil plan about the 1/100 bike model, not Mom.
-Amy