Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 18

Miles 33.44 Total for trip 717.45
Avg spd 10.24
Max spd 34.42
Climb 1565
Alt Chng --49
After the rain last night this morning was looking good. Not sunny, but the weather man in me said the clouds were not rain clouds. The weather man was correct for a little while.

I have decided that every mural and dinosaur I pass I will get a picture. If I happen to pass a giant Daniel Boone I will probably get a pic.

These two gems were promoting a walk through prehistoric times a little outside of the city Ophir.

I made it around 27 miles today when I noticed a broken spoke. So I pulled over and took everything off my bike, took the tire apart to try to change my spoke. I didn't have the correct tool so had to put it all back together and limp to the next big city, Gold Beach. I didn't get to town early enough to look for the tool, plus I was soaked to the bone. So first thing tomorrow I will be replacing my spoke and getting rid of some dead weight. I haven't decided what will go, but tonight I will be looking at everything and decide what I don't need.
Hoping for sunny skies. Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,
Congradulations on making it to the 101!!! Great dinosaur pictures - I like your idea of taking mural and statue pictures along with all the other terrific shots you get.

The girls were amazed at the shot of your bike next the huge tree trunck on the beach and we all loved your ocean and sunset shots.

Let us know what items you decide are dead weight and ones you can live without.

It is pouring down rain here this morning. The girls are still sleeping. Ron's brother and his girls are here from Washington so we will be having some family get togethers this weekend.

Stay dry!!!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Maybe you don't need your rain gear anymore since you're almost out of Oregon. I don't think it rains in California.

cheryl said...

Hey Aaron, I hope it doesn't rain in California for you. It is raining here, too. Not that it makes you feel any better.

Again, your pics are fantastic. I also could not believe how small your bike looked next to the big log on the beach.

Hope your day off today was a good one.

I don't know what you could possibly get rid of as dead weight. Looking forward to knowing the answer to that.

Praying for sunshine for you!

Love, Cheryl

bethsuhr said...

test

bethsuhr said...

Hi Aaron,
I also can't wait to see what your "dead" weight is. I just love looking at the "cool pic" especially your newest ones of the beach/ocean at dusk and of course I love those bright yellow flowers.
I wonder if all the mossy trees is an indication of how much rain that area gets?! I will let you and the others reading this that Joy and Rob were blessed with Brennan Joshua on April 29th weighing in at 8 lbs. 13 oz. I saw a picture of Keegan looking adoringly at his new baby brother!
Try and stay dry. Love mom

bethsuhr said...

Hey Aaron, just looke at all the cool pics. Love them. Mom and I are being lazy today and thinking of you. Hope you are doing well!

Love, Cheryl

cheryl said...

What did you do yesterday?