Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 17

Miles 35.99 Total for trip 684.01
Avg spd 10.60
Max spd 32.69
Climb 1550 ft
Alt Chng ++354 Picture above was at Cape Blanco state park. Most of the trees are bare with lots of moss.


Made it to the coast. Today was the first riding day on the 101. It took a while to get used to all the ups and downs. I don't think there is much flat riding on the coast, but at least there will not be many 3-4 mile hills. According to my information there are a couple big hills.

Today was a nice ride. Sunny all day. I had to decide if I wanted to take a 5 mile detour to Cape Blanco state park or push on down the 101. I thought Cape Blanco would be a neat park, kinda off the beaten path. I was not disappointed. The hiker/biker camp was in the middle of a bunch of bare trees. The trees blocked any wind but could not help with the rain. It rained all night, and from now on I will count on rain during the night on the coast.


I made it down to the beach around 7.00 pm and walked around for about an hour. I ran into a hippie from Portland who said he rode the 101 and skipped camping at Cape Blanco, because of the 5 mile detour. He and his girlfriend are on a state park tour. I tried to make it to sunset, but I think I am still on Boise time and had to hit the hay around 8.45.





No comments: