Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 30

Miles 42.5 Total for trip 1114.93
Avg spd 11.21
Max spd 34.42
Climb 1921
Alt Chng ++334


I got out of camp today around 9.00 and decided it was time to do laundry and stop by a library to update the blog. I couldn't find anywhere to do laundry. I saw that Point Arena had a library so I would stop there. I saw the library and slowed to 3-4 mph and turned into a driveway and pop another spoke gone. I went to the library first to update. It turns out their wifi was the PCs along the wall, so I went to fix my spoke. I fixed my spoke as fast as possible and got out of Point Arena before anything else could happen. It was a nice town, very artsy.


I was passed by 6 riders today. They looked like they were on a supported tour. They had the nice road bikes with a water pack and that was it. I tried to keep up but didn't make it that far.


My campsite tonight was off the beach. It was nice, no wind.

No pictures for this blog. I have to leave and find a place to stay for the night. There is a big run in San Fransisco tomorrow so all the hotels are full in the surrounding area and my campsite is still 14 miles down the road and Valerie said the 1 is tough from here to there. Something about the Devil's fall or something like that. I will catch up next time. See ya all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Aaron,
Again what amazing pictures. Could really relate to the ones of the golden gate bridge as we had been their last summer and got to walk across it. You got some awesome shots of it. The purple sunset one is amazing. Sorry about your spoke problems. Hope the wheel Dan sends you holds up better. Aunt Beth, thanks for telling me about the slide show feature for Aaron's pictures. I love it!!
Lots of Hugs,
Debbie