Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 29

Miles 57.96 Total for Trip 1072.43
Avg spd 10.94
Max 35.58
Climb 3491
Alt Chng ++13
The photo above is from Manchester Beach SP. It seems to have the cleanest waves I have seen, and was the windiest so far. I had to take a makeshift latter to get down and I almost took a header.

The picture below is from a small bay and the kite surfer had it all to themselves, just going back and forth. It seems like a good work out.


I woke up to a busted spoke this morning, bummer. Luckily I had not packed all the stuff on my bike before I noticed it. I tried to fix it but could not get the spoke to get screwed in(I busted 2 spokes trying to do this). So I had to stop by the bike store in Fort Bragg to have a pro fix it. I finally caved in and Danny is shipping me his wheel to try out. I walked around Fort Bragg for half hour to see the sites. It is a nice city with an old downtown feel.

I ran into a couple bikers that I passed a couple days ago. They are going from Portland to San Fransisco then to a faith based camp for the summer one to be a life guard and the other to be a teacher's aid. They had just done their first century of the trip, 108 miles and they had the tough hill I did yesterday. I am thinking about doing a century through LA since there is around 110 miles between campsites. I haven't decided yet, it depends how I am feeling around that time.

No comments: