Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 28

Miles 48.11 Total for Trip 1014.47
Avg spd 8.58
Max spd 34.87
Climb 3738
Alt chng --521 The picture above and below are from right after the big Leggert hill. The first cloudy sky for a couple days.



I passed the 1000 mile mark today, sweet.

I left from Garberville around 11.00 am and had the toughest hill on the Pacific Coast to look forward to. It was another sunny day and I was wanting to get back onto the coast. The first hill wasn't as bad as I thought I almost made it without walking my bike. The second hill was the killer. My information did not do it justice. I thought it would be around a 500 foot climb, turned out to be around 1100 feet. I walked a lot of the 2nd hill.




My campsite for the night was right on a cliff, straight down to the beach. I actually made it to the sunset, thanks to Dillon. He invited me to join his fire. We talked for a couple hours. He has been following construction jobs for the last few years. Oregon, North Carolina, Colorado, now he is in California. I actually made it up until 11.30, a record for the trip so far.

No comments: