Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 32

Miles 42.7 Total for trip 1187.91 Speedometer was not working today so this is an estimate.
Nice to be back in the rolling hills of the countryside after yesterdays tough hills.



A laundry mat, finally. My clothes are stinky and salty(sorry for the gross visual). I had an awesome chicken burrito while doing laundry, it filled me up for the ride ahead. Today was a great ride, the 1 took my off the coast for the whole ride today. I was back on the rolling country hills for the first 22 miles, a real treat after yesterday's steep hills. I went through Point Reyes National Seashore today where there are oyster farms. I past around 5 oyster restaurants riding through the huge city of Marshall CA, population 50. I did not stop in any oyster restaurant if anyone is wondering.

I turned off the 1 onto Pt. Reyes Petaluma Rd. It turned out to be a turn for the worse. About a mile down the road my rear tire was flattened by a 2 inch screw. I took the tube out and the screw went through both sides. I have had a few flats the last few days and had no extra tubes so I tried patch it up, but the holes were too big and the tube could not hold up. My only option was to walk back to Pt Reyes Station about 1 1/2 miles away. My info showed the city had no bike shops but did have a couple stores. I was pointed to the building supply store. They had a tube and I made it to the store just 6 minutes before they closed, lucky. I fixed it up and made it to my campsite Samuel P Taylor State Park before dark. The final 5 miles of today's ride were on a nice greenbelt bike trail with no traffic. I got the last hiker/biker campsite. Tomorrow I will be in San Francisco.

No comments: