Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 42

Miles 34.25 Total for trip 1567.05
Avg spd 9.37
Max spd 38.47
Climb 1952
Alt chng --298
I woke up early and got out of my hideout quick. I had the last of the big hills for a week today. The hill was not so bad when riding South, but riding North it would be real tough.




Nothing much going on today. My stop for the night is Gaviota State Beach. You can fish free off the pier. I went out to check on the fishing. They set up their lines with around 5 hooks and drop them over. I saw a couple people catch 3 at a time. The wind here is by far the worst on the trip. One of my tent poles blew over during the night so I had half a tent. I was going to take a day off tomorrow but the wind is too bad so I will go to the next State Park, El Capitan State Park just 12 miles away.





No comments: