Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 43 & 44

Miles 52.58 Total for trip 1619.63
Avg spd 11.66
Max spd 30.08
Climb 2120
Alt chng ++111 You can barely see it, but there is an oil platform in the picture above. At night they light up. I could see 3 in the distance but could not get any pictures of them at night.


It was just a short 12 miles to El Capitan State Beach. I am staying here 2 nights. The hiker/biker spot is way in the back about 1/4 mile from the nearest regular campsite. It is nice and secluded. Last night I saw a bunch of fish jumping in the ocean but could not see what kind they were. This morning I looked out and saw 2 dolphins swimming by. I don't know if they were around last night or just passing through.

I went into the nearest town and had lunch with Matt(thanks) and caught Star Trek. A very good movie, I recommend it. Other then that I took it easy for a couple days.

The plain whole wheat paste has gotten a little stale so I have added a couple items to my pantry. I got some mushroom soup and spam. They should help wake up my taste buds.

Almost to San Diego. Yippie!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,
Yeah, wasn't Star Trek great!! Ron, Amy, Lani, Mom and Dad saw it on Mother's Day and we all (well maybe not mom) really enjoyed it. Amy and Lani got a kick out of watching their grandma watch it.
Keep on peddling.
Love,
Debbie