Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 23











Miles 13.80 Total for trip 815.75
Avg Spd 8.29
Max spd 26.61
Climb 1002
Alt chng --16


I woke up this morning and saw some little birds flying right on top of the surface of the Klamath river. It looked like the birds were actually flying from the river. I had to watch closely to see that they were flying on the surface looking for bugs probably.

I waited the rain out this morning, it stopped around 9.30. I don't have far to go today. Hopefully there will be some sun so I can get my tent dry.

It was a short ride today, but I had a couple good climbs and took a little hike when I got to my campground. The park has a big meadow where there are a bunch of wild elk. I could not get any good pictures of the elk since they were so far away. I got the picture of the deer near the meadow. I don't think they are worried about humans. I got to within about 10 feet of the deer before it moved.

No comments: