Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 21

Today I went to the bike shop in Brookings OR. I made a pit stop at McDonald's to read the paper and give the bike shop time to open up. I got to the shop around 10.45 am. The biker from the camp was already there. He had some trouble with his chain and freewheel. I was second in line. It was raining out so I thought the shop would be slow for the day.

Around 30 minutes after I got to the shop another rider came in. He was from Germany and was having trouble with his rear wheel. He was going from San Fransisco to Edmonton Canada and then he was going to fly to the East Coast and ride down the whole coast. He was scheduled to be back in Germany in mid September.

I got my bike set up and am hopeful it will last til Phoenix until any major fixes.

I was planning to go around 30 miles today. I rode a couple miles, almost got blown off a bridge, plus it was raining like crazy so I decided to stay in Brookings for the night.

Tomorrow I might give a shout out from California.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you make it to California? Bummer you were rained out on Monday - but hopefully you had some fun and maybe caught a good movie? Or met up with more interesting people. Amy was wondering if the person you met from Germany knew Aunt NeeCee?

So what gear did you ever decide you could go without? We are all wondering....

It was a mostly sunny day here today. Girls and I are hanging out tonight chatting and playing Ms Packman.

Love the photos.
Hugs
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hey there Aaron and everyone else,
I'm was delighted to hear that Brennan has arrived!! How exciting for Joy, Rob and Keegan. Thanks for letting us know Aunt Beth.
Debbie