Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 39

Miles 57.95 Total for trip 1454.03

Avg spd 9.88

Max spd 35.58

Climb 3600

Alt chng --383


I stopped at the elephant beach and saw a bunch of seals. Some were trying to claim their spots.

I woke up early to beat the traffic and get out of my illegal(later in the day I saw a sign saying $200 fine for camping along the 1, I won't be camping along the 1 again) campsite. My plan today was to only ride to the next campsite, I thought I could us a day off. When I got to the site I was feeling really good so I decided to try to make it to my original site for the night, San Simeon State Park. I don't know why I was so tired yesterday, but today was a tough day with a couple really good hills and I didn't have to walk all that much. I guess yesterday was just an off day.







Today took my through some awesome scenery. I had to put a limit on how many times I could stop and take pictures. I went by the nicest beach of the trip. I could see a road down to the beach, probably 200 feet down, but nobody was down there. I went by the road and it was all fenced and locked up. It was a good thing because if I could have gone down I might have stayed a few days. There were a few palm trees, clear blue water to take a swim and it was very secluded. I stopped to take pictures of it 3 times it was so nice.












I went by the Hearst Castle and could see it way up on the hill. I wanted to take a closer look but did not feel like riding all the way up. Later from other cyclists I found out that you only ride the bike the first 1/4 mile then a bus takes you up the rest of the way. Maybe next time.



Tomorrow will be a short day. I am in the need of a laundry mat and an update on the blog.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots!