Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 37

Took the day off and did nothing.

If anyone is looking for more info or pictures look under the helpful links title for the cool pics, map of the trip, and track the trip links.


A review on my gear if anyone is looking to get any camping or biking gear in the future.


Do get any MSR item I have their Missing Link tent and it has been great. No leaks, holds up in high winds, and sets up in about 3 mins. It says 2 people, 2 small people.My stove is the MSR wisperlite. Lights easy and stays on. My water bag is a 6 liter MSR.

Do get Big Angus mat. You have to blow it up which is the only drawback, but it is lightweight and holds its air overnight.

Do get Arkel panniers. They are very durable and have a lifetime guarantee, nuff said.

Do get Orkel waterproof bags. I keep all my camping gear in this big bag, nothing has gotten wet and it is very durable.


Do get BOB. This is my trailer. I have put around 4000-5000 miles on it with no trouble. I even went 30lbs over the max weight of 70lbs with no trouble.


Reconsider getting the Sigma speedometer. The altitude works great. It starts out good for the day, but when I take a break, if it is too short the darn thing doesn't restart for around 10 miles. It might work better if I wore the heart monitor but I did not bring it.


Post office tomorrow.

No comments: