Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 36

Miles 44.29 Total for trip 1355.41
Avg spd 10.50
Max spd 30.95
Climb 1826
Alt chng ++305


I was really looking forward to today's ride, it was almost all off the 1 on farm roads about 15 miles on a bike trail. Most of the first part of the farm roads took my past acres and acres of strawberries. The rows were built up so the ripe strawberries fell down so I could see all the big ripe ones and smell them for 10 miles or so. It is no surprise that I started craving strawberries after a few miles. I got to the end of the fields and there was Dominic's, a great farmers market. I got a tub of great strawberries for $1.50. For you olive lovers there were at least 20 various olive varieties. I was tempted but the jars were too big to carry and a little out of my price range.

It was great to get on the bike trail for a few miles today and not have to worry about any traffic. It went along a main road and the beach. The trail took me to downtown Monterey CA where I had to get to my campsite for the night. I like the suggested campsites for the night the map suggests, but after a good day of riding it would be nice to know that it is 400 feet straight up to get to the campgrounds. I set my tent up fast and called the local USPS to see if they had my food package. Both of the USPS said they did not have my package so thought I would have to go in person to get some help. It was too late today so just decided to go back into town.



They have a great farmers market on Tuesdays so I went to check it out. It had a bunch of good booths. I could have got a lot of good stuff but settled on a bunch of sweet peas. The were great and had them eaten long before I made it back to my tent.


I know I have some pics, but cannot find them. I need to organize them a little better.

No comments: