Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 38

Miles 40.67 Total for trip 1396.08
Avg spd 7.32
Max spd 32.69
Climb 2456
Alt ++39
I went to the first USPS office and got shutdown on my package. There was one with limited hours that I was going to go to but the teller told me that one had closed down so my only other option was around 3 miles in Seaside, which I had called the day I showed up and was told it was not there. Before I rode over I decided to call again and hopefully get a different person. I got a lady this time who got back to the phone in around a minute and informed that yes they had the package and it had been there since May 5th. I got my food on my trailer and could feel the extra weight. Maybe it was just riding around in this city. It is a hard city to navigate because of the hill it is built on. Roads coming from all directions. I was on the road I needed to be on and the next sign I see is another name so the street I needed went a different way. I can say it was a frustrating morning riding around town.



I got back on the bike path to get out of town and took one of many breaks for the day. As you can see by the avg speed of 7.32 I did not have one of my better days. I was dragging all day and did the Big Sur hill. I walked my bike more today then any other day except for day 2.



I was wanting to camp in Big Sur but the camp was closed because of the fires last year so my next camping option was about 25 miles past Big Sur. I thought I could make it but was having a rough day. I was looking for places to stealth camp along the 1. I saw a perfect spot, cars coming from the North could not see where I was camped and cars coming from the South could see me for only about 10 feet and had to be looking to get a glimpse.
I was glad today was done.


No comments: