Monday, June 15, 2009

SPAM - Continued


I forgot to pass on that Arron's SPAM craving that began with the CCC's introducing the ways of SPAM addiction to Aaron has had serious detrimental effects. (See Day 40 and SPAM vs. CCC) That introduction to a controlled substance forced Aaron, like any addict, to look for his own source. He found that source at a KMART in Santa Barbara (8 cans at less than $2 each). Unfortunately, it appears that, regardless of legality, Phoenix is also a significant source of the meat by-product. He left town with 8 more cans of SPAM (Costco $2.12 each). I can only take solace in the fact that he did concede to selecting the 25% less sodium variety. Love to all...

8 comments:

Big A said...

This healthy 25% less sodium SPAM is just as good as the original and only has 3 days worth of sodium per can, and yes I usually eat a whole can for dinner.

Unknown said...

So do you eat a can of spam for dinner regardless of how hard the ride was for the day. Or, on easy days do you eat 1/2 a can, normal days 1 can, and tough days 2 cans?

Maybe, your vital stats for each day should include a number of cans of spam to indicate the energy requirement for the day.

Big A said...

I don't have a mini fridge with me so I have to eat the whole can on the night it was opened regardless of how many miles I went(that is my excuse for eating the whole can) and 2 cans I found is too many. Even though I felt fine after the 2nd can I thought I should have felt bad.

Unknown said...

Spam needs refrigeration...ever?

John and Denise said...

Wow

Unknown said...

I echo the Wow comment!
Debbie

ellena56 said...

Oh Yeah . . .
I am going to pass on that you are definitely HOOKed!!!

Hi Aaron, It's Ellen from CCC - we are going to be at Symcamore Canyon this week-end. Not all the crazies, but Cheryl and Lance will be there, cooking up that breakfast fried rice spam which began your addiction!

You are having a really great trip, and I am in awe.

Take care on the next portion of your trip.

Ellen

cheryl said...

man,aaron. spam? hopefully, it doesn't ruin your taste buds. you know, you may not be able to find anymore of that stuff in NM. I could probably bring myself to send you some....but it would cost. i am surprised that dan assisted you with the purchase in phoenix....very nice of him.