Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 61

Miles 55 (still have not fixed my speedometer) total for trip 2345.38
Alt chng --993
I passed over the Coolidge dam today. It was a cool dam, the washes were not running but I got a good picture of the flow from the bottom of the dam.


I got out of camp around 7 am this morning to beat the weekend traffic. I am glad I got out so soon, because the shoulder for the climb up was just the white line. It was not too bad since there was not a lot of traffic. I made it to Globe and was making good time until I got a flat. I was hoping this would not be the start of another rash of flats. It looked like the tube split at the seam since I could not find anything in the tire that would cause a leak.
The mountains in the San Carlos Apache Reservation are really neat looking. Tonight my campsite will be near San Carlos Lake and it will be the first time on my trip I will have to use my water filter since the lake store was closed. The filter worked great. Filtered a couple gallons in just a couple minutes. Tonight will be the first night I don't put my tent up. There is not a good place to put it up so I will sleep on top of the concrete picnic table.

This flower was the only thing blooming in my campsite.

No comments: