Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 57

Miles 47 (estimate my bike is in the shop) Total for trip 2248.38


I woke up today refreshed and looking forward to getting into Phoenix. I took another look at my tire and found a piece of glass in it. It was small enough that I couldn't feel it inside the tire and it was white so I could barely see it. I put in the tube that I patched last night so the glue was surely dry. I had around 10 more miles of the uphill to go and hoped that this tube lasted through the day.

Today was good I felt better then I did yesterday and the tube seemed to be doing it's job. I got to Wickenburg by 9 am so had plenty of time to get to Phoenix. I will have to say Wickenburg had some rough roads. At around mile 18 for the day my tube blew out. The valve stem blew and no patch was going to fix it. I had to pull out my slow leak tube that I have been saving for an emergency. I put the tube in knowing I would have to stop ever 6-8 miles and pump it up. The tube worked good for about 30 miles until the hole got bigger or a new leak started. I was walking for a while, when Dan called me and offered a ride to take my bike into a shop to get a tune up. I said that sounds like the best idea of the day. We took it into the shop to have it overhauled for the next leg of my trip.

No comments: