Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 53

Miles 66.50 Total for trip 2001.86
Avg 14.23
Max spd 39.63
Climb 1951
Alt Chng --3250 The above picture is of the boarder fence. There were Boarder Patrol vehicles for many miles from Pine Valley to Seeley.
Today was awesome I had a 1000 foot climb out of camp. I was able to make it most of the way, but sometimes you just have to get off and walk. I passed the above elev pic after the 1000 foot climb. Waking up this morning I noted how cool it was. I had to wear my jacket for the first time in a couple weeks. In Jacumba I heard someone say it feels like winter. I guess I lucked out as far as the heat goes for the day. I went from 3890 ft and cold to 50 ft below sea level and hot in about 2.5 hours on a bicycle, pretty sweet.

I thought it had been more then a month since my last hotel, in El Centro I saw a special of only $40 bucks so I thought a hotel room sounded good for the night. Another great day.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to Go Aaron!!!
Congradulations Aaron on making the 2000 mile mark! Glad you decided to stay another day at a Motel. Love the surfer pictures. We had a great visit with Dan while he was here. He and the girls took in the movie UP one afternoon.
Big Hugs,
Debbie

Big A said...

I am looking forward to seeing Up in Phoenix. I will be catching up on my movies while there.

Unknown said...

Hey Aaron,
Just looking at your pictures in your cool pics and found another recent one of you!!! Looking good. Thanks for sneaking that one in. Again what great shots you have taken.
Love ya!
Debbie