Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 67

Miles 5.69 Total for trip 2563.74
Avg spd 4.4
Max spd 12.3
Climb 723
Alt chng 00 Not looking good as I approached the closed road.


I woke up later then I have been, because I did not think the road would be open so I was not in a big hurry. I had a great breakfast then packed up and got going. The climb out only took about 40 minutes. I thought it would easily take an hour. I went about a mile down the road until I hit the road closed signs. I stood around for a few minutes to see if a ranger or fire guy would come by with more info. I ran into the lead ranger and he said the road would be open tomorrow. He thought about letting me through, but said I would have to wait until tomorrow.


I went back down the 600 feet and set up camp again. Took a little hike and got a couple books read.


Tomorrow I will do it again and hopefully the road will be open.

No comments: