Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 64

Miles 65.10 Total for trip 2520.02
Avg spd 8.73
Max spd38.47
Climb 3014
Alt chng--301
Made it to New Mexico!!!! I had to wear my arm warmers starting out this morning it was nice and cool. They did not last long.

In the picture below you see, what I believe is either seedless watermelon or other kind of melon. I first saw them growing along the hwy into Phoenix, but I only saw 1 plant and did not get a picture. These were growing all along hwy 180 into Silver City.

The motorcycle guy I talked with yesterday passed my again in the morning and again about 1mile outside of Silver City NM. He gave me some directions to get into downtown Silver City.

I found a great RV park in town and plan to spend a day off here while I get ready for the Continental Divide Trail.



No comments: