Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 54

Miles 65.69 Total for trip 2166.55
Avg spd 12.02
Max spd 38.63
Climb 1854
Alt chng ++1010
I had a great night camping in the Midway Mountains. It cooled down to around 65 so I had a good nights sleep. In the picture above you can see the full moon I had for the night.

I left the hotel around 9.30ish and turned the wrong way. The tailwind made me do it. I realized my error only after around 1/2 mile and turned around into the wind and got back on track. I had a side/headwind for the first 14 miles until I turned into Brawley. At Brawley I filled up on water since there would be no towns for around 80 miles. The only store in the 80 miles was in Glamis. I got there around 2 pm, picked up a snack and then the store closed. It was a nice rest stop. The store had around 20 tables all under the shade and it was only around 90. It was located in the North Algodones Dunes Wilderness Area so I think summer is the slow time of the year. I have lucked out on the weather so far, it is around 10-15 degrees below normal. Hopefully the cool temps will hold up until Phoenix.

No comments: