Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 138

Miles 57.84 Total for trip 5067.26
Avg spd 11.73
Max spd 32.69
Climb 1839
Alt chng ++75 Yes this is a sunrise. I figured this morning would be my last shot at getting a nice sunrise picture. I got up around 6 am to get the shot plus I did not know how far I was going to ride today. I did not see any campgrounds along today's route.

I changed my bike seat last night and it seems to be helping. I was about 30 miles in today by 11am and felt great. I thought 45 miles sounded ok today. I spotted a sign saying $10 for campsites in St. Ignatious. I got into the town, went to the local grocery store to get a couple bananas(yes fresh fruit), soup, and some chocolate. I asked the teller if she knew where the campground was, she didn't. She did tell me I could camp at the dam, but to take a gun because of the bears. I had spotted a small motel down the road, for kicks I went in to see about the price. He said $50 cash and said the motel across the road would be cheaper. He also said the campground closed down. I went to the motel across the road which was $49, plus a $5 deposit and had no phone or TV. She said it was a bad deal and I might want to check the campground that the other guy said was closed. I decided to keep riding. I found a nice RV park outside of Arlee MT and was glad I kept riding.

I saw a the dreaded road construction sign next 14 miles just after the campground. I am hoping the construction will not be very bad. I had a great dinner of wheat mac, mushroom soup, and a cheese broken up in the concoction. MMM....good

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful sunrise!!!Hey, Congrats on making the 5000 mile mark. You're our hero!!!
Love you, Aaron
Debbie