Friday, August 7, 2009

Booted from the theater!!!!!

It is not what you think. I set up my camp and was going to get going to the movie at around 3.30. At 1.30 I saw a big black cloud coming my way so decided to get to the movie early and maybe catch a double feature. I was in the first movie for about 20 minutes when I heard wind and hail. 5 minutes later the power went out. I stuck my head out the exit door and saw a blizzard of hail. I was a little worried about my tent. 15 minutes after no power I was given a refund and told everyone had to leave the mall. I walked around the mall and saw someone with a snow shovel clearing the doorways of the 4 inches hail. The power came back on just in time for the second movie. I saw Funny People, it was a good show.

My tent made it through the storm, I just had to put up one pole.

Looks like I will get a really late start today. My chain broke again, second one in 10 days. I am loading up my gear and walking to get a new chain. I figure to get out of Butte around 3.00 pm. Probably a good thing to let the roads dry out from the last 2 days of rain.

No comments: