Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 131

Miles 51.42 Total for trip 4859.01
Avg spd 9.57
Max spd 33.56
Climb 2164
Alt chng ++2135 I started with a awesome 10 miles downhill today. So awesome I lost a brake pad. I will have to use only my front brakes until Eureka, where I hope to get a small enough metal plug so I can use an emergency brake pad I have kept. I was having a good day, but my bike was not. After about 24 miles my gears began to slip and it was making for a rough day. I ran into a couple who were biking and they pointed me to a nice spring that was along the side of the road. They own a cabin and all the people fill up their water from the spring. While I was stopped at the spring my rear tire was having trouble so I took off all my gear and expected to be there a while fixing my bike. What a nice surprise I got when I found it was just a loose bolt on the rear wheel that was causing all the trouble.

I made it to the top of the last hill on the U.S. side of The Divide Ride. I had a nice 2000ft drop into my campsite for the night. Did a little hiking, reading, and ate dinner.










No comments: