Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 120

Miles 33.64 Total for trip 4575.62
Avg spd 7.62
Max spd 28.64
Climb 2398
Alt chng --65 I was surprised to see my food bags were still hanging this morning. I will admit I am not very good at fortifying my campsite against grizzly bears. The sign said it had to be over 10 feet high, I think mine was around 6ft high. Oh well, I don't think bears will be after my wheat macaroni, almonds, or dried mangos.

I wasn't sure how far I was going today. I was going to update the blog in Lincoln and did not know how long it would take. The library had a fast internet so it did not take a whole lot of time to update so I was able to make it out of Lincoln around 5.30pm.

Not much going on today. I was able to make it about 4 miles up Huckleberry Pass after Lincoln, and look forward to fresh huckleberries tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you off SPAM. I think bears would like SPAM so big danger of bears going after your food. An don't forget Stephen Cobert say the number one threat is BEARS!!!

bethsuhr said...

Hi Aaron,
So glad to read yours posts and of course to see the beautiful pictures. I'm sure those 20 fish would have tasted great. I think the flavor is probably better than spam! Sounds like you've been doing quite a bit of walking on your hikes, good for you. You did get some beautiful pictures of that creek and I loved the big horn sheep. Sounds like you're having fun. love you, mom