Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 133

Miles 53.59 Total for trip 4943.30
Avg spd 10.50
Max spd 31.82
Climb 2184
Alt chng ++511 It looks like I am on my way back home. I will be staying on or close to HWY 93 for the next 10 or so days and slowly make my way over the Idaho boarder. I road from Eureka to Whitefish MT today on the 93. There is some construction from Poulson MT to Missoula, but it sounds like it is winding down. If it gets too bad I will find a frontage road or another highway.
I got to the Whitefish State Park around 7 pm and got a nice hiker/biker campsite. I was going to go to Glacier for a couple days, but decided to just stay at Whitefish Lake for a couple. The park is located right on the lake, but is also located about 100ft from a much used train track. I was warned about it before I went to bed. If a person is a heavy sleeper I could see them waking up in a pool of sweat, thinking something is on its way through their tent. I had no trouble since I am a light sleeper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty place and sunset....nice photos.