Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 119

Miles 34.16 Total for trip 4541.98
Avg spd 5.94
Max spd 25.74
Climb 3767
Alt chng ++547 This morning I left my great campsite near Hwy 12 knowing that there would be a lot of climbing today. The first climb of the day was called Priest Pass. It was about 1600 ft up followed by another pass that was another 500 ft. I got a flat tire about a mile before the top of Priest Pass. I told myself a couple days ago the next flat tired I would rotate my tires to get more life out of them, and also change my brakes. I was happy where the flat tire happened. There were many trees so I had some shade, and big rocks so I could relax while I took care of everything.

It was slow going today as you can see with the avg spd of 5.94. I was trying to get a little outside of Lincoln today, but with all the climbing and bike work I still have around 2o miles to go. I ran into a biker going South. His name was Eric. He gave me some valuable information about Canada. I was going to cross the boarder right near Glacier Park on my way back into the states. He took the same trails I was going to take and found out you have to go back to Roosville MT to cross back into the U.S. It looks like I will be going to Glacier on my way to Canada since I go right by there on my way out of Whitefish MT.





1 comment:

cheryl said...

Hey Aaron! You are doing awesome... I caught up again on all of your posts and pics. Fabulous. I cannot believe you succumbed to subway. I bet you will now never forget that they SUCK no matter where or how hungry you are.

I love that picture of your tent with the rain flap up or tarp? and nothing else for miles around. Looks like you are the last person alive, toughing it out. Isn't Montana beautiful? I love it. Glacier Park is amazing. If you take the road to the sun, please be careful. You should probably tell me after you do it.

Take care of yourself! You are doing fantastic. I cannot even imagine.

Love you, sister Cheryl