Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 122

Miles 53.77 Total for trip 4668.28
Avg spd 9.65
Max spd 29.22
Climb 1891
Alt chng --567 I woke up to rain today. By the look of the sky it seemed like it would be raining for some time. I passed a couple bikers from Louisiana. They were going to get to Silver City NM then take a train back home. The rain continued all day so the trail was getting muddy. I was going to get of the mud in Seeley Lake and get on HWY 83. I stopped by the ranger station and was told it was supposed to rain for the next few days. I decided to get get to Lake Inez, eat an early dinner, and set up camp. I was in my tent getting dry, and reading when I saw some sunshine. I* got out of the tent, took a few pictures of the lake, and decided to pack up my tent. I wanted to try to get in a few more hours of riding since the sun looked like it was going to be out for the rest of the night. I was going to try to make it to mile marker 46 which would be about 22 miles from Lake Inez. It was a real nice ride, not a whole lot of traffic and there was a nice slow loss of altitude so I was able to keep a nice average for the 22 miles. I didn't think I would find a nice place to camp since it was private land, but a little after mile marker 46 I was back in the forest. I went down the first dirt road and found a nice little meadow to camp in for the night.


No comments: