Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 132

Miles 30.70 Total for trip 4889.71

Avg spd 11.57

Max spd 27.48

Climb 636

Alt chng --488 I tried to get over the boarder, but was denied. I made my way back to Eureka and was happy to find a city park where I could stay for only $5 per night. I met a real nice couple from New Hampshire. Joe and Maggie are going from Maine to Portland. Once they get to Portland they plan on living there. We stayed up sharing funny stories until around 11pm. The next morning they were going to try a Bubba Burger so I ate lunch with them. I tried the Aussie, it had a burger topped with fried onion, a slice of beet, and a fried egg. It was great.


If you would like to check out their blog here is their link: www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5363

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Big A it was great to meet you. It looks like you had an incredible journey. Man I miss the road I have been dreaming about it ever since I got off the bike. Already planning my next trip down the Pacific Coast. I hope the job hunt went well and you got the job with BOB. Anyways maybe our paths will cross again.
JOE from maggie and joe