Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 123

Miles 41 Total for trip 4706.28 (I put my tire on backwards so my speedometer did not work today oops) I woke up to some nice weather so I got out of camp fast to take advantage. I decided to stay on HWY 83 until I get to Whitefish Mt. It was a real pretty ride along the Swan River. I made it almost to Swan Lake with not trouble. Around 1/4 mile out of town I had another flat. I walked it into town and found a nice store with a picnic table out front. I got a paper, took a little break, The clouds moved in fast. I was in town for no more then 30 minutes when the lightning and thunder started. It was raining hard for about 45 minutes, then slowed enough for me to fix my tire. A couple of bikers pulled into town soaked, they were on their way to Glacier Park. It was still raining a little when I left. I got 15-20 miles out of Swan Lake when I was offered a ride to Kalispell. I was wet and tired of riding in the rain so took him up on the ride. He was a nice guy. His name was Roscoe, he was on his way to do a show called Sam Singleton. It is a one-man comedy show based out of New York. He does the show all over the country and in a few months he will be going to Canada for some shows.

I decided to get a hotel in Kalispell, do some laundry, shower, and dry off from the last couple days of rain.


No comments: