Saturday, April 18, 2009

First couple days

Day 1&2


Miles 86
avg speed apx 8.5mph
max speed 37.43 mph


The trip has begun. I got my first nature picture before I left Nampa, a few deer were taking a break near Lake Lowell. The first day was not too hard a little head wind not so bad. I took the back roads to Marsing then took Hwy 95 to a fantastic camping area. It was real windy all night. I was very happy with my tent. It blew and blew but never fell down.




The second day will probably go down as one of the top 5 toughest days on the trip. Right from camp it was uphill, and stayed uphill for what seemed to be 50 miles, but was around 13 miles. The wind was blowing all day. It looked like it would rain or snow, but I got lucky and just got a little snow right before my stop for the night. After the tough day I decided to get a hotel in Jordan Valley. A very good decision because I have to get my speedometer working correctly(the miles and avg speed are estimates) and my kickstand needs some serious help. I made it to Oregon, the first of many states.





Total feet climbing - 3763
Total altitude change- +1610


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you ran into any fun people?

I noticed the 73 mile day on the 18th. Were you just sick of riding and wanted to get to exciting Crane, OR?