Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 15

Miles 61.83 Total for trip 648.02
Avg spd 10.95
Max spd 30.08
Climb 1211
Alt chng --999 (lost more but bike computer does not go lower)
Picture above shows much of the cloud cover I rode in today. It was a wet day.


It was raining off and on all morning and I was debating on when to get moving when a couple of teenage kids came walking by asking if anyone was in the tent. I got out and talked with Cody for a few minutes. There was some spray paint on the bridge so I think it is a hangout for kids from Camas Valley a few miles away. I thought since I was up and around it was time to hit the road. My tent was soaked from all the rain, hopefully I would get to Bandon in time to let it dry out. It rained again off and on all day until about 10 miles from Bandon. At least I didn't get any big hail like Boise did. Kind of another gloomy day. I was able to get a nice picture of my first mural in Coquille. Almost to the beach.

I made it to the beach with a couple hours to spare. I was able to set up camp and get my tent dry before it was time to hit the hay. I only made it to 8 pm and called it a day. What a wimp. I must have been tired because I slept like a log even with the rain that started later in the night. I am really impressed with my tent. It was raining real hard all night and it never leaked. I thought I was going to have to sleep in the men's showers. Looking forward for a day off tomorrow.








No comments: