Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 8

Miles 55.46 total for trip 360.79
Avg spd 11.30
Max spd 28.06
Climb 688 ft
Alt Change --104 ft
Today I got out right at 9 am it was a great night of camping, no wind and it was not very cold. After a little over 70 miles the day before I feel good. The first 30 miles to Christmas Valley were probably the easiest I will see on the trip no hills, no wind, and not much traffic. Christmas Valley is a neat little town. I was only supposed to get pizza after every 1000 miles, but Fred Barn Pizza was too tempting so I had to stop in. I got a chicken artichoke, it was great and had leftovers for dinner. When I got out of Christmas Valley the easy riding was over. I had a good headwind for the rest of the way on Christmas Valley Hwy. At the end of Christmas Valley I took Arrow Gap Rd. The picture of the license plates was taken right at the end of Christmas Valley. The license plates were a trend, I went past a couple more houses with large collections of license plates. My destination for the day was The Silver Lake. The lake was dry so I went to the town of Silver Lake. I ended up staying at the motel, just 20 bucks.



The weather for the last couple days has been record heat around 90, but Friday and Saturday my trail takes my around Crater Lake which is supposed to be high in the 30s and 40s with lows in the 20s and 30s so I am going to try to combine the next 2 days riding schedule so I can make it to Crater Lake Thursday so I can get to the rim and take some pictures without getting too cold. As we all know the plan went horribly wrong.

No comments: